Here at CMG we are dedicated to provide outstanding care and your medical results are an important part of our service. On the 1st of December 2018 our results line closed. This was a decision made after we realised that over 90% of people calling our results line were for normal results.
It is important that when you see your GP you discuss options for receiving your results. If you are having any form of testing, we recommend making a follow up appointment to discuss the results with your doctor two weeks after the test is performed.
The way we handle your results has not changed. Which means that if your results are abnormal or require further follow up you will be contacted by one of our nursing staff.
If you have urgent results requiring, follow up you will be contacted (if you do not already have an existing appointment booked within two weeks. Our nurses monitor and ensure these results are followed up daily.
Normal results – NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS
We now have a new clinical software system known as Doctors Control Panel (DCP). This is a secure, confidential way for you to receive your personal results online. Please note DCP only works if you have a smart phone with data. The process for this is as follows:
- Your doctor will enrol you in DCP once you provide consent for your results to be available to you. A text message will be sent confirming this.
- Once your results are available you will receive a unique PIN login via SMS. This PIN will give you access to the secure website where you must confirm your identity and can view your results plus any comments your GP has added.
If you do not receive a PIN code it may be because you have
- not enrolled to receive your results this way and can do so at your next appointment
- have received a message asking you to make an appointment
- have an existing appointment, or
- your GP has assessed the results as not appropriate to send in this format.
In some cases, you may receive two messages and this is because some results are normal and some are not
- From our clinic asking to make an appointment
- One with a PIN code to view results.
When you are signed up for online results Doctor Control Panel will keep you registered for 3 months. You will continue to receive any additional test results using this system during this period. This may include results ordered by another doctor at CMG.
These are results your GP is happy to follow up in the next 2-4 weeks. You will receive an SMS or a call from our nurses asking you to make an appointment in 2-4 weeks.
If you have any further questions, please talk to your doctor.